Following strong second quarter results, Bayer’s Fields of Opportunity Technology Showcase highlights cutting-edge technologies and pipeline solutions expected to propel farmer productivity, sustainability, and company growth / Featured breakthrough innovations include Bayer’s new herbicide molecule, the Smart Corn System featuring Short Stature Corn, and CoverCress™, a renewable cover crop offering growers increased opportunities for carbon sequestration and biodiesel production / Showcase also includes recently launched, next-generation technologies such as SmartStax® PRO with RNAi Technology, Intacta 2 Xtend® and Xtendflex® Soybeans
Bayer puts its assiduity- leading immolations in crop protection, seeds & traits, and digital husbandry tools on display moment at its Fields of Opportunity Technology Showcase as the company continues to advance innovative products and services acclimatized toward the individual requirements of farmers around the globe. Following strong alternate quarter 2022 fiscal results, the event demonstrates Bayer’s rearmost developments in a unique portfolio of results and technologies anticipated to power sustainable growth in the times ahead.
“ moment we spotlight technologies designed to reduce husbandry’s impact on the terrain, increase food security and help growers combat the uninterrupted pressure of climate change on our global ecosystems, ” said Rodrigo Santos, member of the Board of Management of Bayer AG, and President of the Crop Science Division. “ Bayer remains married to furnishing growers with the tools they need to be productive and sustainable servants of their land, especially now as they navigate through current dislocations to husbandry’s force chains. ”
With an periodic assiduity leading R&D investment of further than 2 billion euros in Crop Science alone, Bayer is advancing slice- edge technologies and advance inventions with a bold and ambitious strategy that will transfigure the future of husbandry and position farmers for success in a fleetly evolving husbandry assiduity. The demonstrations and conversations in Jerseyville include
· farther expansion of ThryvOn ™ Technology trials. structure on Bayer’s heritage of benefactions to sustainable cotton product through the Deltapine ® brand’s inheritable advancements and Bollgard ® brand’s particularity technologies, ThryvOn Technology will be the assiduity’s first biotechnology particularity that will give erected- in protection to the whole factory against crucial tarnished factory bug and thrips species. 2022 will see planter trials increase to nearly,000 acres, bringing this biotech cotton particularity one step closer to helping growers more effectively manage nonentity pressure.
· Plans for hundreds of on- ranch airman plots of Short elevation sludge mongrels in North America in 2023. These mongrels form the anchor of Bayer’s Smart Corn System, growers precise in- season operation of their toxin and crop protection requirements, thanks to the power of the Climate FieldView ™ digital platform. These mongrels lately proved their capability to repel severe rainfall conditions when extreme blasts blew through the Midwest.
· Following the company’s lately blazoned increased investment, Bayer will punctuate CoverCress ™, a renewable oilseed and beast feed crop with an periodic downtime growth cycle allowing its use in between sludge and soybean reels. CoverCress ™ will help deliver on Bayer’s sustainability commitments and may open fresh profit aqueducts for farmers.
In addition to products yet to be launched, the company notes crucial updates on lately launched coming- generation technologies. Growth across programs and products advancing in the channel include
· The launch of the coming- generation technology Intacta 2 Xtend ® offers a significant performance advantage for Brazilian soybean growers delivering about2.9 bushels further per acre compared to analogous kinds on the request. Bayer leads the assiduity in guarding soybean yield against nonentity and weed pressure with the third- generation technology in Phase 3 and the fourth generation moving to Phase 1.
· The company also reaffirmed performance advantages of critical pesticides similar as Fox ® Supra for soybeans in Brazil, anticipated to launch latterly this time, and Delaro ® Complete germicide in the North America sludge request.
· also, Bayer is making progress in bringing the first new pesticide mode of action in the once 30 times forpost-emergent control of weeds across all major row crops. presently in Phase 3, the technology is showing excellent performance.
· The Bayer Carbon program continues to develop across 10 countries. Bayer PRO Carbono, the largest carbon program in Brazil, is seeing emotional registration and excellent results. sharing soybean farmers register carbon emigrations 70 lower than the public normal in Brazil and 80 lower than the global normal, per ton of soybeans produced.
· adding relinquishment of the number one brand in digital ag, Climate FieldView ™, is now on further than 200 million acres in 23 countries around the world as Bayer continues to lead the digital metamorphosis of husbandry. The coming frontier of value creation is about further than bringing better individual inputs, but rather in digitally enhancing those results to optimize yields, produce edge and ameliorate returns.
“ Bayer’s advancements in husbandry are incredibly important, scientific results designed for growers of all scales in all topographies and are made possible through our uninterrupted progress in developing digital tools, ” said Bob Reiter, Head of R&D for the company’s Crop Science Division. “ We’re putting perceptivity by our factory breeders, data scientists, and agriculturists on display then moment. Through these acclimatized results, empowered by our digital platforms, we give farmers with the key to be as sustainable and successful in every part of their operation as they can. ”
Bayer is a global enterprise with core capabilities in the life wisdom fields of health care and nutrition. Its products and services are designed to help people and the earth thrive by supporting sweats to master the major challenges presented by a growing and growing global population. Bayer is committed to driving sustainable development and generating a positive impact with its businesses. At the same time, the Group aims to increase its earning power and produce value through invention and growth. The Bayer brand stands for trust, trustability and quality throughout the world. In financial 2021, the Group employed around,000 people and had deals of44.1 billion euros.